Sunday, November 14, 2010

Charlemagne

Introduction:  Today we interview Charlemagne, the Greatest King of the Dark Ages.  He is the most illuminating figure of the dark ages.  He never lost a military conquest, reestablishes education and economic importance of the empire.

Question:  How did you earn the respect you undoubtedly have now?

Answer:  I was King of the Franks and my territory included modern France, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, Austria and Poland and most of Italy.  At 24, I was the largest share holder of the biggest kingdom in Europe.  I tried to pull the people of Europe out of the dark ages. 

Question:  What are your religious views?

Answer:  I am a Christian.  I gave my subjects a choice; become Christian or die.  Pagans were killed for practicing their beliefs.  I had 50 military campaigns that were designed to expand my empire and save souls.  Christian soldiers enforced the will of God and answered directly to me.  In 782, I defeated and murdered the Saxons for worshipping false gods.  This was known as the Bloody verdict of Verdum.

Question:  How did you combine your faith with your authority?

Answer:  Aside from my religious campaigns, I founded the Holy Roman Empire and was the first Holy Roman Emperor.  This meant that I had both religious and government authority. 

Question:  What were the educational aspects of your reign?

Answer:  I built a chain of royal schools starting a new age of learning.  I wanted children of all ages to receive education.  I, myself, tried to learn to read and write. 

Question:  What was your final challenge?

Answer:  On Christmas Day 800 I was 60 years old and crowned Emperor of the West.  I was very shocked.  I had no idea the coronation was going to take place.  It was the most daunting political challenge. 

http://www.searchingthescriptures.net/main_pages/articles/instrumental_music_in_church/artwork/charlemagne.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment